Toys for Elephants travel program and Cultural visit in Chiang Mai 2019.
Project led by Richard Brown and Laura Brown Professors, Massachusetts College of Arts and Design (MASS ART). Project participants are independent artists active at HH and MASS ART students.
Cultural tour in Chiang Mai and Class in basic techniques to work with bamboo and bamboo cooking class with dinner. Hosted By Ne’-Na.
– City gates tour included temple and cultural landmark, Markets tour and brief introduction of Lanna culture at Monfai Cultural Centre, Traditional Lanna /Khantok dinner with traditional music and dance performance at Monfai. All participants will dress up in Lanna traditional costumes.
– Art Museums, Gallery tour-exhibitions, artist talk.
– Nature tour: waterfalls, botanic garden, elephant sanctuary and swimming in the water reservoir/dam.
– Visit Traditional Crafts; paper mill, umbrella factory and artist studio; Tawatchai Puntusawasdi, sculpture.
– Class in basic techniques to work with bamboo and bamboo cooking class with dinner.