Toys for Elephants travel program and Cultural tour in Chiang Mai 2020.
Project led by Maria Brown, President HandsHouse Studio and Alex Marvel, Architeque and Lecturer Massachusetts College of Arts and Design (MASS ART). Project participants are independent artists active at HH Studio and students from MASS ART and Montserrat College of Art .
Cultural tour in Chiang Mai and Class in basic techniques to work with bamboo and bamboo cooking class with dinner. Hosted By Ne’-Na.
– City gates tour included temple and cultural landmark, Markets tour and brief introduction of Lanna culture at Monfai Cultural Centre, Traditional Lanna /Khantok dinner with traditional music and dance performance at Monfai. All participants will dress up in Lanna traditional costumes.
– Art Museums, Gallery tour-artist talk.
– Nature tour: waterfalls, botanic garden, elephant sanctuary and swimming in the water reservoir/dam.
– Visit Traditional Crafts; paper mill, umbrella factory and artist studio; Inson Wongsam, Kamin Lertchaiprasert and Tawatchai Puntusawasdi.
– Class in basic techniques to work with bamboo and bamboo cooking class with dinner.
– Karaoke night